Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) that accept Medicare and Medicaid payments must follow the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation (CoP). The CMS CAH Manual has seen multiple changes to regulations and interpretive guidelines. The MHA Health Foundation five-part webinar series Critical Access Hospitals’ Conditions of Participation: Ensuring Compliance will review in detail the guidelines that serve as a basis for determining compliance.
Topics that will be covered in detail include:
- CMS requirements of the board’s duty to enter into a written agreement if the hospital wants to provide telemedicine services.
- CMS list of emergency drugs and equipment that every CAH must have.
- Requirements for pharmacists, including development, supervision and coordination of pharmacy activities.
- Requirements for security and storage of medications, medication carts and anesthesia carts.
- CMS infection control worksheet and how it may be helpful to CAHs.
- Hospital visitation and patient information policies.
The webinars are scheduled from 10 a.m. to noon Jan. 17, Jan. 24, Jan. 31, Feb. 7 and Feb. 14. Members can register for a connection fee of $780 for the series. Individual webinars are $195 per session.
Members with questions should contact Erica Leyko at the MHA.