Updates from the MHA Keystone Center
Subscribe to the MHA Keystone Center monthly newsletter for the latest quality and patient safety news and resources, and visit the Patient Safety & Quality News for updates on events and other initiatives.
MHA Keystone Center Monthly Newsletter
Contact us to subscribe
Visit the newsroom
The MHA Keystone Center would like to thank the following organizations and individuals whose financial support or guidance has helped make our lifesaving work successful:
- MHA-member community hospitals
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services
Improving Quality, Saving Lives.
All Michigan hospitals and thousands of their team members are voluntarily participating in MHA programs to improve the safety and quality of healthcare. A growing number of hospitals in other states are now part of the MHA-lead patient safety and quality initiatives.
As a result of these initiatives, which are driven by evidence-based, best practices, and strongly supported by data, engaged hospitals are seeing great improvements on safety and quality outcomes. The MHA Keystone Center’s mission, vision, and values are an essential part of the work being done, and demonstrate their engagement to improving Michigan hospitals.
Supporting healthcare providers to achieve excellence in the outcomes desired by the people they serve.
Achieving the highest quality healthcare outcomes that meet individual values.
Excellence | Innovation | Compassion | Teamwork
MHA Keystone Center Board of Directors
- Brian Peters (CEO), MHA
- Shannon Striebich, (Chair) St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
- Eric Borgerding, Wisconsin Hospital Association
- Paula Chermside, Aspirus Iron River
- Ed Ness, Munson Healthcare
- James Grant, MD, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Robert Hyzy, MD, University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- Mark Janke, patient representative
- Leslie Jurecko, MD, MBA, Cleveland Clinic
- Cheryl Knapp, RN, MBA, CPHQ, CPPS, Bronson Healthcare Group
- Marjorie Mitchell, Michigan Universal Health Care Access Network
- Jeff Postlewaite, DO, Michigan Osteopathic Association designate
- James E. Richard, DO, Michigan State Medical Society designate
- Barbara Smith, MS, NHA, post-acute care representative
- Dennis Swan, JD, at-large seat
- Lynn Todman, Ph.D, Spectrum Health
- Robert Welsh, MD, Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak