The MHA received media coverage the week of May 28 regarding the continued shortage of cancer drugs carboplatin and cisplatin and hospital workforce shortages.
MHA representatives appearing in published stories include CEO Brian Peters and Executive Vice President Laura Appel.
Below is a collection of headline from around the state.
Thursday, June 1
- Crain’s Grand Rapids: Aside from cancer drugs, West Michigan hospitals face other ‘constant, ongoing’ shortages
- SurvivorNet: Smaller Community Hospitals, Not Large Cancer Centers, Feeling Brunt of Drug Shortage and ‘Grappling With Limited Resources’ – How They’re Managing Reduced Supply
- Thumbcoast.TV: Brian Peters – Michigan Health & Hospital Association – MPC2023
Wednesday, May 31
- WJR Newsradio 760: Brian Peters ~ The Paul W. Smith Show
Tuesday, May 30
- WJR Newsradio 760: Laura Appel ~ The Mitch Albom Show
- Chief Healthcare Executive: Cancer drug shortages draw more alarm; lawmakers press FDA for help.
Monday, May 29
Sunday, May 28
- The Detroit News: Michigan lawmakers urge action on chemo drug shortage
Members with any questions regarding media requests should contact John Karasinski at the MHA.