The MHA has been actively fielding and responding to media requests related to the growth in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, hospital capacity and healthcare workforce sustainability.
Below is a collection of headlines from around the state that include statements from the MHA.
Sunday, Nov. 21
- New York Times: Covid-19 surge strains Michigan’s hospitals
Thursday, Nov. 18
- Crain’s Detroit Business: Will the COVID-19 vaccine mandate be the death knell for Michigan’s rural hospitals?
- Crain’s Detroit Business: CVS will close 900 stores over 3 years, add more clinic options
Wednesday, Nov. 17
- WJR Newsradio 760: Brian Peters ~ The Paul W. Smith Show
- USA Today: COVID-19 Updates
- FOX 17: CDC: Michigan leads country in new COVID cases
Tuesday, Nov. 16
- Detroit Free Press: Michigan is now worst COVID-19 hot spot in nation; hospitals pushed to capacity
- MLive: Hurley Medical Center hits 100 percent capacity as Flint area COVID-19 numbers surge
Monday, Nov. 15
- The Detroit News: Michigan adds 21,034 cases, 95 deaths from COVID-19 over three days
- The Detroit News: COVID-19 hospitalizations in Michigan reach seven-month high