The MHA received media coverage the week of July 17 regarding the healthcare workforce, federal legislation to address drug shortages and bills signed by Gov. Whitmer eliminating burdensome provisions in the Healthy Michigan Plan and making changes to help ensure the program’s long-term success.
MHA CEO Brian Peters is quoted in multiple stories. Below is a collection of headlines from around the state.
Thursday, June 20
- U.S. Senator Gary Peters: Peters Introduces Bipartisan Bill to Assess National Security Vulnerabilities in the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
- WILX News 10: SOS: Michigan’s health care shortage continues
Wednesday, July 19
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer: Whitmer Signs Bipartisan Bills to Lower Costs, Protect Access to Quality, Affordable Health Care for 1M+ Michiganders, and Other Legislation
- Michigan Advance: Whitmer signs legislation to protect Healthy Michigan Plan, preserve access to vaccines
- MIRS: Alcohol Sales At Sports Events Among Bills Signed Into Law
- Bridge: Help wanted: Report ranks Michigan health care jobs with the most need
Tuesday, July 18
- Becker’s Hospital Review: Labor costs are crippling hospitals. Here’s how 47 executives are tackling them.
Members with any questions regarding media requests should contact John Karasinski at the MHA.