During the week of May 7, the MHA celebrated National Hospital Week (NHW) by sharing a series of videos featuring healthcare, education, government and agriculture leaders across the state thanking Michigan hospitals and healthcare workers for the profound impact they have across communities.
The campaign, based on the American Hospital Association theme #WeAreHealthcare, reached more than 27,000 people and resulted in nearly 3,000 engagements across social media platforms. The Michigan leaders featured in the series included:
- MHA CEO Brian Peters.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer.
- MHA Board Chair T. Anthony Denton, Senior Vice President and Chief Environmental, Social and Governance Officer, U-M Health.
- Speaker of the House Joe Tate.
- Senate Republican Leader Aric Nesbitt.
- Dan Hurley, CEO of the Michigan Association of State Universities.
- Michelle Lantz, CEO of the Greater Lansing Food Bank.
Additionally, the MHA shared content from Michigan hospitals thanking the healthcare workforce and highlighting the critical role they play in advancing the health of patients and communities. NHW efforts are a continuation of the MHA’s efforts around telling the story of Michigan hospitals, health systems and healthcare workers. Members with questions may contact Lucy Ciaramitaro at the MHA.