- Nominations for the 2022 MHA Advancing Safe Care Award are due March 25. The award recognizes teams of healthcare professionals at MHA-member hospitals that are fiercely committed to providing safe, quality care for all their patients. For more information on the award, contact Erica Leyko at the MHA.
Tag: Advancing Safe Care Award
Nominations Being Accepted for 2022 Advancing Safe Care Award
In hospitals across the state, healthcare personnel work together to ensure patients receive safe, high-quality care.
To recognize Michigan hospitals that are tackling issues daily to make care safer and more dependable, the MHA presents its annual Advancing Safe Care Award. Eligible nominees include teams from hospitals across the state that are dedicated to transparency regarding the quality of care provided to their patients and providing unmatched care to different patient populations. Nominations for the 2022 award will be accepted through March 25.
The award honors teams within MHA-member hospitals who are committed to providing quality care to diverse socioeconomic populations, promoting transparency within organizations, leading the charge for quality improvement and achieving better outcomes due to a strong culture of safety. The award does not limit the number of team members who can be included in the nomination.
Judging for this award is based on four criteria:
- Reducing health disparities among specific patient populations.
- Supporting a learning culture committed to trust, feedback and higher problem-solving.
- Evidence of transparency among care teams, with patients and families, and with community stakeholders.
- Improving safety by creating high degrees of psychological and physical safety.
In 2021, the award honored the healthcare team at Bronson Healthcare for creating and supporting Bronson’s Community Partnered Vaccine Clinics and Health Equity Project, designed to ensure people are quickly and effectively vaccinated against COVID-19 and to address social determinants of health during the vaccination process.
For more information on nominating a team for the Advancing Safe Care Award, contact Erica Leyko at the MHA.