Language Interpreting Services for Healthcare Providers
AMN Healthcare offers on-demand access to medically qualified interpreters – helping you improve the quality of care for limited English proficient, deaf and hard of hearing patients.
Along with Pads and bedside tablets, we can integrate with your telehealth system and EHR provider so you can get an interpreter when and where you need it. Each is highly experienced and a native language speaker trained specifically in medical terminology, ensuring you receive a fast, accurate interpretation – every time.
Choose from more than 40 languages via video and more than 200 languages over the phone using our HIPAA compliant, fully encrypted platform
MHA members qualify for these services from AMN Healthcare Language Services:
- AMN VRI: AMN Video Remote Interpretation (VRI) provides interpreters in 41 languages, including American Sign Language (ASL) and Certified Deaf Interpreters (CDI) for deaf patients who do not use ASL. Services are provided on demand.AMN can provide the equipment needed for VRI through our Right-to-Use (RTU) Equipment Program, which provides iPads and mobility stands at no cost based on usage.
- AMN OPI: AMN Over-the-Phone (OPI) Interpretation service includes access to over 200 languages. This service can be easily accessed through the AMN Language Services app or any telephone.
- AMN Audio Patient Line: Our Patient Line provides each patient care location with a direct dial phone number that connects patients or family members to an interpreter before connecting both the patient and the interpreter to the hospital number you designate.
- AMN Link: AMN Link provides interoperability between AMN remote interpretation and your telehealth solution. With this interoperability, providers have on-demand access to medically qualified interpreters within their telehealth solution, videoconferencing system, EHR and other systems to support virtual patient/provider encounters.
- AMN Virtual Interpreter Center: This service is used by health systems who have their own staff of interpreters they prefer to use for VRI and OPI calls. Using this service, AMN provides detailed reporting and management tools to give you oversight and management of your interpreters.
- AMN Translation: AMN Translation provides written document content in 150 languages translated by our medically-qualified linguists. Our service includes reduced pricing for repeated words and phrases. We accept most file formats and can include desktop publishing.
- AMN Portal: The portal is securely accessed on the AMN website to provide detailed reports, search our knowledge base, create support cases and chat with a customer support representative. The reporting portal dashboards offer insight into languages used, length of call, and device usage.
- Implementation & Staff Training: AMN will oversee the implementation of language services with our project managers, field technicians and support staff so that your service is brought online quickly and non-disruptively. We will also train your staff in all locations and can return to provide remedial and new-hire training as needed.
In the Healthcare World Language Index, AMN Healthcare Language Services reports on the world languages other than English most commonly spoken in patient/provider encounters. Data is broken down both nationally and by state. The report also includes an analysis of how increasing language diversity in the U.S. and the availability of interpretation services affects both access and the quality of care.