Person- and Family-Centered Care
Person- and Family-Centered Care (PFCC) focuses on putting the patient and their caregiver at the center of all decision-making, planning and monitoring of care. It is through person and family engagement (PFE) strategies – which foster collaboration between patients, families and healthcare staff – that we build a PFCC healthcare system.
The Roadmap to Person and Family Engagement provides standardized definitions, policies and practices designed to serve as a resource for healthcare staff and leaders looking to develop or improve PFCC across their organization.
MHA Webinar Person & Family Engagement: A Roadmap to Patient-Centered Care and Outcomes
The MHA hosted a webinar May 24 to discuss the newly released Roadmap to Person and Family Engagement. A recording of the webinar is available.
(Please note: Recording of the webinar breakout sessions is unavailable.)
MHA Person & Family Engagement Advisory Council
Formed in November 2013, The MHA Person & Family Engagement Advisory Council provides guidance and support to the MHA and MHA Keystone Center on the multifaceted efforts to help promote and accelerate the spread of person- and family-centered care across the state. Made up of staff, individual stakeholders and patient advisors, the council ensures the voice of patients and families are incorporated into all initiatives and efforts. The Council also provides a great opportunity for networking, collaboration, and sharing of best practices for members.
In 2018, the MHA formally added the Council under its umbrella to promote and accelerate person and family engagement in Michigan hospitals. The Person & Family Engagement Advisory Council seeks input from patient and family partners, serves as advocates for their needs, and ensures their voice is incorporated into MHA quality and safety initiatives.
Thank you to the 2022-2023 MHA Person and Family Engagement Advisory Council for their expertise and involvement in creating the 2023 MHA Roadmap to Person and Family Engagement!
- Tammy Allen, Trinity Health Saint Mary’s, Grand Rapids
- Premchand Anne, Ascension St. John Hospital
- Molly Dwyer-White, University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- Shalonda Griffin, Gift of Life Michigan
- Androni Henry, Trinity Health Saint Mary’s, Grand Rapids
- Mariah Hesse, Sparrow Clinton Hospital
- Julie Johns, Henry Ford Health
- Susan Kheder, Trinity Health Michigan
- Tiffany Likar, Munson Medical Center
- Cory Lovern, UP Health System – Bell
- Tarnesa Martin, Hurley Medical Center
- William J. Mott, Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital
- Gail Panoff, Trinity Health St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor
- Stephanie Pins, MyMichigan Medical Center Sault
- Marilyn A. Potgiesser, Bronson Healthcare Group
- John Robertson, Hillsdale Hospital
- Christin Tenbusch, Covenant HealthCare
- Kelsey Treece, BHSH Spectrum Health West Michigan
Members interested in joining the council, please contact us to learn more.