The MHA received media coverage the week of May 21 regarding the continued shortage of cancer drugs carboplatin and cisplatin and hospital workforce shortages.
MHA representatives appearing in published stories include CEO Brian Peters, Executive Vice President Laura Appel, Senior Director of Government & Political Affairs Elizabeth Kutter and Senior Director of Communications John Karasinski.
Below is a collection of headline from around the state.
Thursday, May 25
- WLNS-TV: MI lawmakers in DC call for action in cancer drug shortages
- Drug Topics: A National Drug Shortage Creates Care Challenges in Oncology
- MIRS: Second Half Of ‘Healthier Michigan Plan’ Headed To House Floor
- Michigan Business Network: Michigan Business Beat | Brian Peters, MHA – MI Largest Private-Sector Employer Remains Healthcare!
Wednesday, May 24
Tuesday, May 23
- CBS News Detroit: Michigan hospitals respond to shortage of chemotherapy drugs
- Michigan Business Network: ICYMI: MHA | Patient Treatment Impacted By Shortage Of Cancer Drugs
- WNEM-TV: Lessons learned from COVID-19 pandemic
Monday, May 22
Sunday, May 21
Members with any questions regarding media requests should contact John Karasinski at the MHA.