The MHA received media coverage the week of Aug. 14 following a press conference Aug. 17 where Michigan health officials urged families to get kids up-to-date on routine vaccines ahead of the new school year.
Ruthanne Sudderth, senior vice president and chief strategy officer at the MHA, joined representatives from the MHA, I Vaccinate, the Franny Strong Foundation, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Ascension Michigan and Pontiac Middle School to encourage families get the safe and effective vaccines that are available to help protect children and the community. Below is a collection of headlines from around the state.
Saturday, Aug. 19
Friday, Aug. 18
- Detroit Free Press: Michigan health officials urge parents to get children up to date on all immunizations
- Michigan Advance: Michigan’s childhood vaccination rates have hit their lowest point since 2011
- Bridge: Will raffles, pig roasts and same-day pay ease the health worker shortage?
Thursday, Aug. 17
- WLNS-TV: Michigan parents urged to vaccinate children ahead of school year
- Fox 17: Local health officials urge parents to get their kids up to date on immunizations
- WLUC-TV (TV6): Health officials say Michigan childhood vaccine rate at lowest since 2011
- FOX 2 Detroit: Experts: Parents need child vaccinations on their back-to-school checklist
Tuesday, Aug. 15
- Becker’s Hospital Review: From Beds to Clinics: How 37 Healthcare Leaders Are Adapting to the Outpatient Revolution
Members with any questions regarding media requests should contact John Karasinski at the MHA.