The MHA responded to several media requests the weeks of Aug. 15 and Aug. 22 which focused on different aspects of healthcare workforce sustainability, ranging from emergency department wait times to efforts to address the talent pipeline.
Below is a collection of headlines from around the state that include interviews or statements from MHA representatives.
Tuesday, August 23
- WJR Newsradio 760: Laura Appel ~ The Guy Gordon Show
Monday, August 22
- WXYZ Detroit: ‘We simply just don’t have the people.’ Local hospital wait times increase amid staffing shortages
- Michigan Business Network: Michigan Business Beat | Brian Peters, CEO, Michigan Health & Hospital Association
Thursday, August 18
- The Detroit News: More Michigan kids kept in emergency rooms due to overloaded psychiatric system
- Detroit Free Press: Michigan nurse shortage could get some relief through new Oakland University, BHSH program
Members with any questions regarding media requests should contact John Karasinski at the MHA.