The MHA and the Small Business Association of Michigan hosted Sept. 9 a statewide press conference encouraging COVID-19 vaccinations and stressing the relationship between public health and the health of local economies.
Below is a collection of headlines from around the state that include quotes from the event.
- The Associated Press: Michigan hospital leaders renew vaccination plea amid deaths
- The Detroit News: Michigan is being passed by other states in vaccinations amid fear of another surge
- The Detroit News: Michigan hospitals operating 'at near capacity levels,' official says
- Detroit Free Press: Michigan hospital staffing shortage nears crisis point as COVID-19 patients rise
- MLive: Threat of fourth COVID surge in Michigan hospitals is ‘very real’ without more vaccinations
- MLive: ‘Death is imminent’ for Michigan woman who opposed COVID-19 vaccination and regretted decision
- WDIV Click on Detroit: 12 takeaways from COVID vaccine briefing: 4th surge, hospital staff shortage, employee productivity
- WDIV Click on Detroit: Michigan hospital official delivers powerful remarks about patients who won’t get COVID vaccine
- WDIV Click on Detroit: Live stream: Hospital, business leaders urge Michiganders to get vaccinated as COVID cases rise
- WJR Newsradio 760: Brian Peters ~ WJR Late Mornings
- Bridge: Michigan hospital leader: Get vaxxed for COVID. We’re near capacity again.
- MiBiz: Biz, health care advocates promote vaccines to ensure economic recovery
- FOX 47: Industry leaders across Michigan beg residents to get vaccinated
- Detroit Free Press: Biden’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate could have a major impact on Michigan workplaces
- Michigan Advance: Medical, biz leaders urge vaccinations amid rising COVID-19 hospitalizations
- The Center Square: Health care workers say Michigan hospitals 'near capacity'