The role of case management is central to many healthcare structures, including value-based reimbursement, bundled payments, care transitions and accountable care organizations. Case management is at the center of it all!
The MHA Health Foundation five-part virtual boot camp series Basics of Case Management begins with fundamental issues pertinent to case managers and throughout the series will cover issues surrounding utilization, discharge planning, care coordination and how to integrate the roles and functions of case managers with other healthcare professionals.
The Basics of Case Management virtual boot camp will take place 10 a.m. to noon ET on the following dates:
- Oct. 6 – History of Case Management.
- Oct. 13 – Utilization Review and Management.
- Oct. 20 – Discharge Planning and Continuum of Care.
- Oct. 27 – Effective Care Coordination.
- Nov. 3 – Skill Sets and Roles of Clinicians and Case Management Professionals.
Healthcare personnel responsible for any or all aspects of case management are encouraged to register. Individual hospital sites can register for single sessions for $195 or for the five-part series for $780. Members with questions should contact Erica Leyko at the MHA.