The MHA responded to several media requests the week of Feb. 7 on topics including passage Feb. 9 of House Bill 5523 that provides $300 million in healthcare workforce funding, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Feb. 10 executive state budget recommendation and COVID-19 hospitalizations.
The MHA published statements on behalf of MHA CEO Brian Peters in reaction to the Michigan Legislature passing HB 5523 and the executive budget recommendation.
Below is a collection of headlines from around the state that reference the statements or include quotes from MHA representatives.
Thursday, Feb. 10
- Michigan Radio: Michigan’s downward trend in new confirmed COVID-19 cases continues
- Michigan Advance: $1.2B spending bill would provide COVID tests, relief for hospitals and schools
Wednesday, Feb. 9
- Crain’s Detroit Business: Whitmer seeks $325 million for new state psychiatric hospital
- MiBiz: Legislature approves $300M in COVID relief funding to help retain health care workers
- Michigan Advance: Republicans pan Whitmer’s ‘spending spree’ after voting for bigger budget last year
- Gongwer: DHHS Budget: $32B Aimed At Service Gaps, Medicaid & Mental Health
Tuesday, Feb. 8
- Associated Press: Michigan Legislature approves $1.2B bill to combat COVID-19
Members with any questions regarding media requests should be directed to John Karasinski at the MHA.