The MHA has been actively fielding and responding to media requests related to the growth in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, as well as statewide healthcare workforce shortage. Also included is coverage of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM)'s $5 million commitment through 2024 to expand the MHA Keystone Center’s quality and safety improvement programs.
Below is a collection of headlines from around the state that include statements from the MHA.
Sunday, Sept. 26
Friday, Sept. 24
- MLive: Michigan hospitals weigh vaccine mandates against staffing shortages as COVID cases rise
- Bridge: Pfizer COVID vaccine booster approved for Michiganders. Now what?
- A Healthier Michigan Podcast: Inside the 2021 Mackinac Policy Conference – Part 1
Wednesday, Sept. 22
- Crain’s Detroit Business: MHA’s Brian Peters and Chris Mitchell discuss hospital staffing crisis in fourth surge of COVID cases
- WWJ Newsradio 950: Henry Ford Health System looking for doctors, nurses overseas
Tuesday, Sept. 21
- The Detroit News: Henry Ford Health System to add Filipino nurses to fill shortages, CEO says
- WWMT-TV: Stressed out and overwhelmed: Michigan nurses burned out from COVID-19 pandemic