As Michigan hospitals address a second surge of COVID-19 patients, the MHA has been actively fielding and responding to media requests related to COVID-19 vaccine distribution and other areas of response.
The MHA published the afternoon of Dec. 14 a joint release with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) on the delivery and vaccination of the first healthcare workers in Michigan. Included in the release are quotes from Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, chief medical executive and chief deputy for health with the MDHHS, and MHA CEO Brian Peters.
Peters also issued a statement Dec. 18 on the lack of communication and clarity on the reduced allocation of Pfizer vaccine from the U.S Department of Health and Human Services.
Below is a collection of headlines that include statements and interviews from the MHA on the COVID-19 vaccine.
Sunday, December 20
Saturday, December 19
Friday, December 18
- CNN: Erin Burnett OutFront
- Associated Press: Whitmer criticizes Trump admin over vaccine shipments
- Detroit Free Press: Whitmer rips federal government for 'slow walking' vaccine distribution in Michigan
- MLive: Federal ‘corruption or ineptitude’ delaying COVID-19 vaccines, says Gov. Whitmer
- MiBiz: Indoor dining to remain closed as state loosens some restrictions amid positive COVID-19 trends
- NewsNation: Why are states going to receive fewer Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines next week than they anticipated?
- WXYZ Detroit: Michigan Senate passes $465 million COVID relief bill
Thursday, December 17
- The Detroit News: Michigan to receive fewer doses of Pfizer vaccine next week
Wednesday, December 16
- News/Talk 760 WJR: Brian Peters ~ The Paul W. Smith Show
Monday, December 14
- WWJ Newsradio 950: 'A historic milestone': COVID-19 vaccinations started Monday at Michigan hospitals
- WILX News 10: Mid-Michigan hospitals prepare for vaccine, front-line workers react
- WLNS 6 News: COVID-19 vaccinations started today at Michigan hospitals
- FOX 47 News: COVID-19 vaccinations started today at Michigan hospitals
- WWMT-TV: Kalamazoo area hospitals waiting to receive first COVID-19 vaccine shipment
- Bridge: COVID vaccines begin in Michigan. Will workers have to take them?
- MiBiz: ‘We’re making history right now,’ Spectrum Health CEO says as health system issues first COVID-19 vaccinations
- WKZO AM/FM: COVID-19 vaccinations start Monday at Michigan hospitals
- JTV Jackson: COVID-19 Vaccinations Started Today at Michigan Hospitals