The MHA has been actively fielding and responding to media requests related to the surge of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, and workforce sustainability challenges.
Below is a collection of headlines from around the state that include statements from the MHA, including media clips from a press release issued Dec. 14 by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services that includes a quote from MHA CEO Brian Peters.
Sunday, Dec. 19
Thursday, Dec. 16
- The Detroit News: Detroit school district issues vaccine mandate for teachers
Wednesday, Dec. 15
- WJR Newsradio 760: Brian Peters ~ The Guy Gordon Show
- WMMT-TV: Lawmakers OK bill to allow out-of-state healthcare workers to work in Michigan hospitals
- The Mining Journal: Vaccines hit one-year mark
Tuesday, Dec. 14
- The Detroit News: Michigan’s hospitals near breaking point: ‘We can’t take care of our patients as we need’
Monday, Dec. 13
- State of Reform: Michigan hospitals in “dire” situation with highest hospitalization rate in country, workforce assistance bills needed says MHA
- The Detroit News: Michigan adds 16,143 COVID-19 cases, 160 deaths over three days