The MHA responded to several media requests the weeks of Aug. 28 and Sept. 5 which focused on the public release of the Economic Impact of Healthcare in Michigan report and other workforce issues.
Below is a collection of headlines from around the state that include interviews or statements from MHA representatives.
Friday, Sept. 9
- Detroit Free Press: When psychiatric patients allege abuse, hospitals investigate themselves
Wednesday, Sept. 7
- DBusiness: Report: Health Care is Michigan’s Largest Private-sector Employer, Loss of 11K Jobs
- Michigan Business Network: Michigan Business Beat | Brian Peters, MHA – Healthcare Remains Michigan’s Largest Private-Sector Employer Despite Pandemic Losses
Tuesday, Sept. 6
- Crain’s Detroit Business: Despite staffing struggles, health care remains dominant employment sector in Michigan
- MiBiz: Statewide jobs report confirms decline in health care employment
Sunday, Sept. 4
- Detroit Free Press: Some Michigan employers struggle to hire, while others trim headcounts
Sunday, August 28
Members with any questions regarding media requests should contact John Karasinski at the MHA.