MHA Monday Report April 8, 2019
Posted on April 08, 2019
The University of Michigan Regents challenged and prevailed in its appeal of a recent lower court decision that erroneously awarded a lawyer more than $98,000 from a portion of his client’s no-fault auto insurance settlement designated …
As Michigan experiences its worst measles outbreak in decades, hospitals across the state that specialize in children’s health urged parents to have their children vaccinated to protect them and others against measles and other serious …
The new 2019 MHA Women in Healthcare Data conference, taking place Sept. 27 at the Lansing Community College West Campus in Delta Township, will highlight the important role of female data analysts, scientists and leaders in …
Regulation, Consumer Behavior, and the Changing Healthcare Landscape
“As the week ended, the eyes of the healthcare industry were focused on the fate of the Affordable Care Act. A series of three legal challenges set the stage for the coming high-profile court battles ...
“Quite a week for the Affordable Care Act and the industry. It’s reminiscent of the numerous court battles that have resulted from its passage in 2010 and the Supreme Court decision affirmation of its constitutionality in June, 2012. In tandem, the President promised Republicans would be the party of healthcare replacing the ACA with a plan now on the drawing board that will protect against denial of coverage for the 133 million with pre-existing conditions and also be cheaper.”
Paul Keckley, April 2, 2019
Upcoming events and important healthcare news for the week of April 8:
- The MHA Health Foundation webinar Complying with the 2019 CMS Hospital Conditions of Participation: Pharmacy and Medication will take place from 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday.
- The MHA Board of Trustees will meet from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday at MHA headquarters, Okemos.
- The Michigan Healthcare Human Resources Conference will take place from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday at the James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, Lansing.
- Nominations for the 2019 MHA Healthcare Leadership Award are due Friday.
- National Hospital Week 2019 is slated for May 12-18 and will celebrate hope and healing, along with the hospitals, health systems and dedicated caregivers who support the health and well-being of their communities.
Posted in: Monday Report