MHA Monday Report Oct. 29, 2018
Posted on October 29, 2018
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, healthcare currently employs over 18 million people and is one of the quickest growing industries in the United States. However, the healthcare environment can present a unique set …
The 2018 MHA Communications Retreat recently brought together more than 80 communications, marketing and public relations professionals who work in hospitals across the state. Participants spent the day networking and building skills geared toward the specific …
Research has indicated that more than 300,000 patients in the U.S. annually require mechanical ventilation as a means of life support treatment. However, complications can arise from ventilators, such as ventilator-associated pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome ...
Healthcare in the Mid-term Debates: Heavy on Posturing, Lite on Substance
“Polls by Kaiser Family Foundation and others show healthcare has emerged as the most important issue to likely voters (30%) ahead of the economy and immigration. Pundits attribute its prominence to the confluence of a period of relative peace and prosperity and ample media coverage on healthcare issues like pre-existing conditions and Medicare-for-all.
“Healthcare is fertile turf for campaign strategists: voters willingly share their views on healthcare issues with pollsters. Their opinions are based on their personal experiences and often change as their personal circumstances alter their views.”
Paul Keckley, Oct. 22, 2018
Upcoming events and important healthcare news for the week of Oct. 29:
- The High Reliability Organization Tier 2 Workshop, hosted by the MHA Keystone Center and the Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare, will take place from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Otsego Resort, Gaylord.
- Great Lakes Partners for Patients Hospital Improvement Innovation Network Critical Care Simulations will take place from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesday at St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor.
- The MHA Keystone Center Board of Directors will meet from 8:30 a.m. to noon Thursday at MHA headquarters, Okemos.
- The Linking Quality to Strategy and Operations workshop for members of healthcare governing boards will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday at MHA headquarters, Okemos.
- The MHA Associate Member/Nonmember Forum will take place from 9:30 a.m. to noon Friday at the MHA headquarters, Okemos.
- The three statewide ballot proposals up for voter approval Nov. 6 are highlighted in this week’s MHA Election 2018 Race of the Week feature.
Posted in: Monday Report