Registration Deadline Extended for Healthcare Board Member Workshop
Posted on October 12, 2018
Engaged boards lead to better outcomes when it comes to effective hospital governance and leadership that promotes quality and safety. However, the road to effective board governance is not always instinctive, which is why the MHA offers hospital trustees a variety of opportunities to enhance their leadership skills throughout the year.
The next MHA workshop for hospital board members, Linking Quality to Strategy Operations, is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 1 at MHA headquarters, Okemos. To ensure that all trustees can attend, the registration deadline has been extended to Oct. 22. This comprehensive workshop is open to all MHA-member hospital and health system trustees and will:
- Outline who measures what and why.
- Review information on value-based purchasing, transparency and pay-for-performance.
- Explore how to measure progress using dashboards.
- Examine measures and identify the most appropriate measures for participants’ hospitals or health systems.
- Demonstrate the difference between reactive and predictive thinking and how to shift to predictive.
- Review best practices to assess and monitor quality and increase reliability.
Quality dashboards/scorecards will be reviewed in-depth, so participants will be asked to bring their dashboard/scorecard to the workshop. In addition, participants will come away from the event with an understanding of the delivery of quality care and how to establish clear and dependable monitoring systems to discover hidden problems and uncover subtleties that result in higher performance. When the workshop was offered to members of the MHA Excellence in Governance Fellowship, it was very well-received.
The registration fee for this important workshop is $195 per person. Questions about the event or the registration process should be directed to Erica Leyko at the MHA. For more information about MHA trustee resources, contact Erin Steward at the MHA.
Posted in: Member News