MHA Monday Report Feb. 19, 2018
Posted on February 19, 2018
MHA Board of Trustees Conducts February Meeting
The MHA Board of Trustees held its first meeting of the 2018 calendar year Feb. 14 and focused much of its attention on the legislative and regulatory arenas, which could significantly impact the health of communities across Michigan ... Read more
Psychiatric Bed Registry Bill Moves to House Floor
On Feb. 14, the House Health Policy Committee, chaired by Rep. Hank Vaupel (R-Handy Twp.) reported out House Bill (HB) 5439, which requires the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) to create an inpatient psychiatric bed registry ... Read more
Educational Opportunities Offered on Home Health, Building Diversity
The MHA Health Foundation is offering two educational webinars in early March. One addresses the need for healthcare providers to learn and understand new Medicare and Medicaid Conditions of Participation requirements for home healthcare agencies ... Read more
The Keckley Report
Eroding Trust in the U.S. System is Opportunistic for Disruptors
“Trust in the U.S. health system is eroding. It’s systemic. No sector is immune. Every stakeholder is impacted. And it’s conducive to opportunities for disruptors.”
Paul Keckley, Feb. 12, 2018
News to Know
- The Great Lakes Partners for Patients (GLPP) Hospital Improvement Innovation Network (HIIN) Person and Family Engagement webinar “Partnering with Patient/Family Advisors to Improve Quality & Safety” will take place from 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday.
- The MHA Keystone Center Patient Safety Organization will host a Root Cause Analysis & Action (RCA²) Safe Table from noon to 3 p.m. Wednesday at the VisTaTech Center - Schoolcraft College, Livonia.
- An MHA Member Forum will take place from 2 to 4 p.m. Wednesday at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, Acme, in conjunction with the MHA Breakthrough conference.
- Part 2 of a four-part webinar series on reducing hospital readmissions will take place from 2 to 3 pm Wednesday.
- The MHA Small or Rural Hospital Council will meet from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, Acme, in conjunction with the MHA Breakthrough conference.
- MHA Breakthrough will begin at 1 p.m. Thursday and continue through 11:30 a.m. Friday at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa.
- The MHA Health Foundation webinar “Understanding Medicare Telemedicine Billing Guidelines” will take place from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
- The Healthcare Leadership Academy “Business Strategy for a Changing Landscape” will take place from noon Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa.
MHA in the News
Read recent coverage about the MHA, including articles on issues impacting Michigan hospitals, including changes to the 340B Drug Discount Program and proposed mandatory nurse-staffing ratios ... Read more
Posted in: Monday Report