The MHA Keystone Center, in conjunction with MPRO, will host Care Transitions - Key to Population Health at the VisTaTech Center - Schoolcraft College, Livonia. The workshop will discuss social determinants of health, behavioral health and age-friendly hospitals.
The event is designed for case and care managers, social workers, nurses, nurse directors, patient advocates, transitional care coordinators, disability case managers and nurse educators, and long-term care and home health representatives.
Continuing education credits are available for physicians, registered nurses, social workers, and nursing home administrators. Participants must complete an online evaluation and attend the full session for educational credit.
7:30 – 8:15 a.m.
Registration and Breakfast
8:15 – 8:30 a.m.
Opening Remarks and Welcome
8:30 – 9:45 a.m.
Engaging Healthcare Coalitions to Reduce Readmissions and Address Social Determinants of Health
Bruce Spurlock, executive director, Cynosure Health, Roseville, CA
9:45 – 10:45 a.m.
The Age-friendly Health System
Transforming Practice: The 4Ms
Joanne Grosh, MA, RN, Gero-BC, regional director, Senior Services; and J. Michelle Moccia, DNP, ANP-BC, CCRN, program director, Senior Emergency Center, Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, Ann Arbor
10:45 – 11 a.m.
11 a.m. – Noon
- Session A: Care Coordination and ED – Susan Jester, RN, BSN, CCM, and Matthew Biondo-Smith, Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor
- Session B: Behavioral Health Interventions in the Acute Care Setting - Anatol Tolchinsky, PhD, LP, director of Behavioral Medicine, Providence Family Medicine Residency, AUC Psychiatry Clerkship Director, Southfield, Michigan
Noon – 1:15 p.m.
1:15 – 2:30 p.m.
Panel – Addressing Social Determinants of Health
- DaJuan Smith, MSW, LMSW, president and CEO, Partners 4 Health, Detroit
- Linda Chambers, associate vice president, social determinants of health clinical integration, ProMedica
- Lisa M. Peacock, MSN, RN, WHNB-BC, health officer, Health Department of Northwest Michigan, Benzie Leelanau District Health Department, Charlevoix
2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Creating Personal Resilience: Caring for the Caregiver in All of Us
Jane Felczak, principal quality consultant, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit
3:30 – 3:45 p.m.
Members with questions may contact the MHA Keystone Center.