MGHC recognizes the interconnection between human health
and the environment. We support and encourage sustainability
initiatives that improve human and environmental health and
financial performance that strengthen Michigan’s healthcare
- Examine how the design and operation of our health care
facilities impact human, community and environmental health.
- Identify cost savings achieved through sustainability
- Establish annual goals.
- Promote sustainable strategies for healthcare facilities,
- Reduced energy consumption.
- Responsible waste management.
- Healthy, sustainable and local food.
- Safer chemicals.
- Environmental preferable purchasing.
Membership & Communications
- Membership for this committee requires yearly enrollment.
- The committee term runs from the beginning of July to
June of the following year.
- Members will receive communications to keep them informed
about webinars, committee events, and new action items.
2015 Michigan Green Healthcare Annual Conference
To review the conference brochure and for registration information,
here. To register online, please click
The Michigan Green Healthcare Conference is intended for
individuals and organizations interested in promoting sustainability
practices within the healthcare industry. We encourage sustainability
officers, dieticians, clinicians, engineers, architects, pharmacists,
environmental services, food and nutrition, and maintenance
managers, energy coordinators, business partners, governmental
agencies, public health professionals, non-profits, and anyone
else with a passion for reducing the ecological footprint of
the healthcare industry to attend the conference.
Please review the
2015 Save the Date and
Sponsorship Opportunities for more information.
Michigan Green Healthcare Award Nominations due Aug. 28,
2015. Please review the
Awards Brochure for more information.
Michigan Green Healthcare Committee is pleased to organize this
event with the Michigan Health and Hospital Association.
2014 Michigan Green Healthcare Conference
Please review the 2014
event brochure and
sponsorship opportunities for more information.
The 2014 recipients of the Inaugural Michigan Green Healthcare
Awards include Beaumont Health System and Colin Murphy, Building
Systems and Energy Manager, University of Michigan Hospitals &
Beaumont Health System was presented the Michigan Green Healthcare
Champion Award. This award recognizes the broad impact and sustainability
gain Beaumont has made for the organization and its community.
Colin Murphy was presented the Michigan Green Healthcare
Hometown Hero Award. This award recognizes how Colin has demonstrated
a vision and passion in his role at UMHS and how he inspires
others to make a difference.
Thank you to our 2014 sponsors and exhibitors!
- Conference Partner
- Conference Friend
2014 Conference Presentations
Current Action Items
- Healthier Hospitals
- The Healthier Hospitals Initiative, organized by
Health Care Without Harm, Practice Green Health and
The Center for Health Design, is a call-to-action for
an entire industry. The HHI recruits the nation’s
hospitals to participate in any of their initiatives:
Engaged Leadership, Healthier Food, Leaner Energy, Less
Waste, Safer Chemicals and Smarter Purchasing. The Michigan
Green Healthcare Committee plans to spend the year engaging
the MHA member hospitals to increase their involvement
with HHI. With that, the MHA has signed a letter of
agreement to become a supporting organization for this
initiative. It is the goal of the MGHC to have 60% (80/133)
of Michigan hospitals enrolled in at least one challenge
from HHI by 2015.
Participating Michigan hospitals in
- Ascension Health – Borgess Lee Memorial
- Ascension Health – Borgess Medical Center
- Ascension Health – Borgess Pipp Hospital
- Ascension Health – Genesys Regional Medical
- Ascension Health – Providence-Providence
Park Hospital , Novi Campus
- Ascension Health – Providence-Providence
Park Hospital, Southfield Campus
- Ascension Health – St. John Hospital &
- Ascension Health – St. John Macomb Hospital
- Ascension Health – St. John North Shores
- Ascension Health – St. John Oakland Hospital
- Ascension Health – St. John River District
- Ascension Health – St. Joseph Hospital –
- Ascension Health – St. Mary’s Medical
Center of Saginaw
- Ascension Health – St. Mary’s Standish
- Beaumont Hospital – Dearborn
- Beaumont Hospital – Farmington Hills
- Beaumont Hospital – Grosse Pointe
- Beaumont Hospital – Royal Oak
- Beaumont Hospital – Taylor
- Beaumont Hospital – Trenton
- Beaumont Hospital – Troy
- Beaumont Hospital – Wayne
- Bronson Battle Creek
- Bronson LakeView Hospital
- Bronson Methodist Hospital
- Charlevoix Area Hospital
- Henry Ford Health System – Henry Ford
- Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital – Mt. Clemons
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- Hurley Medical Center
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- McLaren – Macomb Hospital
- McLaren – Northern Michigan
- Memorial Healthcare
- Metro Health Hospital
- Munson Healthcare Cadillac Hospital
- Munson Healthcare Grayling Hospital
- Munson Medical Center
- North Ottawa Community Health System
- Otsego Memorial Hospital
- Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital
- ProMedica Bixby Hospital
- ProMedica Herrick Hospital
- Saint Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor
- Sparrow Carson Hospital
- Sparrow Clinton Hospital
- Sparrow Ionia Hospital
- Sparrow Hospital – Main Campus
- Sparrow Specialty Hospital
- Spectrum Health – Big Rapids Hospital
- Spectrum Health – Blodgett Hospital
- Spectrum Health – Butterworth Hospital
- Spectrum Health – Gerber Memorial Hospital
- Spectrum Health – Kelsey Hospital
- Spectrum Health – Ludington Hospital
- Spectrum Health – Reed City Hospital
- Spectrum Health – United Hospital
- Spectrum Health – Zeeland Hospital
- Tenet – Children’s Hospital of Michigan
- Tenet – Detroit Receiving Hospital &
University Health Center
- Tenet – DMC – Huron Valley –
- Tenet – Sinai – Grace Hospital
- Tenet – Harper University Hospital/Hutzel
- Tenet – Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Trinity Health – Mercy Health Saint Mary’s
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health
- War Memorial Hospital
If you have any questions regarding the Michigan Green healthcare
Committee, please contact
at the MHA at (517) 323-3443.